Location: Cincinnati, OH
VDI ANALYST (VIRTUAL DESKTOP INFRASTRUCTURE)
- The VDI Analyst provides production support, project work, and level three incident and problem management for all virtual desktop & physical end point devices.
- The position requires the Analyst to utilize a vast array of technologies, systems and tools necessary to support the business while adhering to incident and change management life cycles and delivering best in class customer service.
- Assists with administration of virtual/desktop/laptop management servers and infrastructure applications including VDI, patch management, encryption technologies, Anti-Virus, Incident/Request management, etc.
- Performs VMware View administrative support tasks; recomposing of linked clones, provisioning/de-provisioning of new VM’s, linked clone and full clones, packaging and deploying thin apps etc.
- Profile management and application delivery
- Application packaging and deployment
- Provide level three technical support on all existing and new company issued end user hardware and software by answering questions, analyzing problems, and arriving at workable/long-term solutions within the stated SLA.
- Performs Incident, request and problem management
- Advanced printer support
- Malware monitoring, reporting and response
- Creating, managing and maintaining physical images and virtual gold images
- Creating, managing and maintaining standard images of physical PC’s, virtual gold images and templates
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Associates Degree or equivalent work experience
- 4-6 years of Desktop Support Experience
- LOMA Certification (281/291) - expected within 1 year of hire
- ITIL Foundations v3 Certification - expected within 1 year of hire
- VMware Certified Associate 6 – Desktop and Mobility (VCA6-DTM)
- Microsoft Solutions Associate (Windows 7)
- Working Knowledge of:
- Scripting PowerShell, vbscript, etc.
- ITSM tools and support
- Application Packaging Deployment (Altiris or SCCM)
- Project ManagemenT
- Enterprise Mobility Management (Airwatch)
- Expert knowledge of:
- Desktop/Network interconnectivity
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Microsoft Windows OS (Windows 7 & 8.1)