Location: Mason, OH
Point of Sale applications in multiple production environments through collaboration with brand/business leaders and other technical groups. Expert with POS applications and responsible to assist Tier I and Tier II personnel as well as research and resolve escalated production incidents. Will collaborate with colleagues to design, develop, evaluate potential solutions; implement the best solution and document and communicate pertinent status information.
Incident Triage: Resolve day-to-day technology questions and troubleshoot business needs, focusing on process problem analysis and solutions North American and Global Incident Resolution process – analysis (triage) to resolution Provide prioritization input and support management Callout impacts of issues to downstream impacted or related systems or stores Resolution of critical off hour production support issues including the coordination of other required IT Teams as well as status reports and other communication to IT leaders Articulate technical details in incidents, knowledge repositories, emails, chats, meetings and on the phone by translating technical issues into common language for communications to our business users.
Monitor Systems and Applications: Responsible to ensure acceptable availability of all supported applications Assist in special and technical projects as assigned Participate in troubleshooting and support efforts with production environments Create and follow all standards and methods for application technology and production support.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Technology, Business or related field
- 2 years Information Systems/Business-related experience within systems/applications
- Basic Application and Systems Troubleshooting (analysis and problem solving) Skills
- Ability to resolve assigned issues with management guidance
- Production / Application Support (or other similar skills)
- Experience with Java (or other similar programming languages)
- SQL experience with some Oracle experience
- Scripting language experience (ie: Perl)
- UNIX/LINUX experience
- Experience working remotely (phone, email, etc.) and face-to-face with customers collecting requirements and implementation details, implementing solutions, and providing technical support
- Highly proficient and knowledgeable in MS Office applications; Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Fluent with business level English both verbal and written
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information both verbal and in various systems.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- ITIL process experience
- Typical industry production support processes / standards knowledge
- Knowledge of Systems Development and Processes/Methodology
- Background working in retail business or ability to learn business/retail concepts
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively