Location: Cincinnati, OH
Systems Engineer lll
The Systems Engineer III role is to design, execute, assess and troubleshoot server infrastructure software and hardware. This includes infrastructure architecture, configuration, operations, support and documentation for all server and storage components.
This position will also oversee the monitoring and health of the environment and provide support to other departments where required.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
• Manage the entire life cycle of Infrastructure components including Core software and Physical hardware.
• Improve expertise, ability to train, coach and foster knowledge exchange between the team members.
• Ability to interact regularly with managers, clients, vendors and agencies on a daily basis.
• Architect and participate in the design and implementation of technologies and platforms supporting a complex corporate infrastructure.
• Ensure high availability of the enterprise server environment that supports internal employee business.
• Troubleshoot and remediate 3rd Tier issues impacting the operation of the corporate infrastructure.
• Serve as one of the primary points of contact for core infrastructure components.
• Document the design, operation and troubleshooting of technology platforms and procedures.
• Provide high quality support as well as delivering and operating IT services to other IT teams and Line of Business end users.
• Foster operational excellence through streamlined IT processes, standardization and automation.
• Innovate and monitor future trends, technologies and IT solutions.
• Coordinate with network administrators, systems analysts, programmers, and other software engineers to resolve any defects.
• Write and/or maintain programming script to enhance functionality as necessary.
• 6-10+ years IT Experience.
• 5+ years recent experience on Windows servers, Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange.
• 5+ years recent experience with VMWare or Hyper-V.
• Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
• Knowledge in programming languages including VBScript and PowerShell is preferred.