Location: Cincinnati, OH
Perform audits/special assignments that assess risk and review procedures and controls over Operational, Financial and Compliance functions. Perform other duties as assigned. This position is based out of Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Conduct audits and/or special reviews of the Company’s controls and procedures over key financial risks (e.g., accounting, financial reporting, Sarbanes Oxley, capital planning and control); operational risks (e.g., store, logistics, credit/collection/customer service, human resources, marketing, merchandising); and legal risks (based on an annual determination of key Company legal concerns).
- Plan for upcoming audits through a contribution of ideas on the methodology and approach for upcoming assignments based on review of prior year’s audit work papers, flowcharts and audit report.
- Conduct interviews with the process and business owners at all levels and across the enterprise to gather information, ascertain key risks, areas of concerns, and the expected internal control that should be in place. Independently execute predesigned audit tests and assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the business areas processes, policies or controls. Identify gaps/opportunities/key risks and develop corrective actions to address gaps or assess adequacy of solutions offered by business partners.
- Perform comprehensive analysis of information elicited through interviews and document review by demonstrating professional skepticism and appropriate follow-up
- Document assessment and test results in compliance with internal audit industry (i.e., Institute of Internal Auditors) and departmental standards. Accurately prepare written audit finding/issue and applying judgment and analysis to recommend the related corrective action.
- Present and confirm audit findings/issues and the related corrective action to various levels of process/business owners.
- Completion of required internal audit department tasks needed to ensure the department’s compliance with professional industry standards (e.g., self-review of audit work, proper close-out of the audit files, adequately responding to supervisor review comments, etc.), as well as planning for the next assignment.
- Travel is approximately 60%.
- Travel to remote locations nationwide to conduct audits.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
A 4-year undergraduate degree in related field of study (e.g., Accounting, Business Administration) is required. CPA or CIA is preferred. Direct college graduates or graduates with up to 2 years of relevant prior work experience and related industry or public accounting work experience.
Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.