Sr. application developer
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Sr. Application Developer
The Applications Developer III role is to lead the build, design and execution of software programs and web applications. This includes detailed application architecture, configuration, operations, and documenting software specifications throughout the project life cycle. Candidate should have experience with Workflow development including but not limited to SharePoint & ServiceNow.
- Collaborates effectively with team and web designers during creative process.
- Works with vendor developers and ensures all technical solutions are properly architected and specified, reviews all code for quality assurance purposes.
- Sets direction for Application development technology.
- Ensures HTLM, .NET and other code is cross-browser and standards compliant.
- Lead and participate in project planning and requirement analysis for development activities.
- Analyze the business needs of the client to identify business problems and proposed solutions.
- Document functional and technical specifications.
- Create and update user documentation and program specifications.
- Act as the liaison to line of businesses to translate their request into business or functional requirements that can be programmed.
- Design, test and develop software to meet the needs of the client.
- Develop testing plans and procedures for unit test, system test, and acceptance test.
- Worked with database team on database design and data modeling.
- Develops software solutions by studying requirements analysis and information needs; conferring with stakeholders and IT Management; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; performs software design using software development fundamentals and processes, debug, test, and deploy software solutions.
- Design, develop and maintain key components of the software suite using classic ASP, Microsoft .Net and SharePoint Server 2013.
- Experience with SharePoint Designer, InfoPath, Web Parts, and workflow creation.
- Other Duties as assigned.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Database and operating systems experience with MS SQL, Oracle, Windows Server 2003 & 2008 R2, Windows 7, 8+.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Knowledge in programming languages, including VBScript, Visual Basic, Visual Basic .NET, Visual C++, XML, SOAP
- Knowledge in web development using IIS and CMS platforms
- 7-10 years IT experience
- 7-10 years recent experience on Windows 2008-2012 R2 servers
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
- Direct support and administration of Line of Business application either Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) or custom
- Demonstrated ability to deliver IT projects on-time and on-budget
- Demonstrated experience successfully working in Cross Functional project teams
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast paced, very fluid, “dynamic” environment
- Formal Education & Certification
- 2-4 year college diploma or university degree in software engineering or computer science, and/or 7-10 years equivalent work experience.