Location: Cincinnati, OH
The IT Security Engineer provides support to IT and Information Security teams including functioning as the subject matter expert in IT security systems and custom tools. The selected candidate will serve as technical support for the Incident Response teams in high priority cyber investigations to solve complex problems in a fast and efficient manner. The candidate will continuously evaluate the external threat landscape, providing leadership regarding replacement or augmentation of existing tool capabilities in order to better secure business systems and data from inside and outside threats. The candidate will create and maintain documentation of processes and procedures, serve as a project leader for security tool selection and implementation projects, and function as lead developer for all custom security tool implementations.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT or a related technical field, or commensurate experience.
- Minimum 5 years of operational support experience with large, enterprise-class applications or services.
- Computer skills and knowledge of hardware & software required:
- Linux-based and MS Windows-based system platforms
- Strong understanding of enterprise, network, system and application level security issues.
- Understanding of enterprise computing environments, distributed applications, and a strong understanding of TCP/IP networks.
- Fundamental or greater understanding of encryption technologies
- Excellent scripting skills. Familiarity with other scripting languages preferred (examples: Perl, Java, or Ruby)
- Knowledge of Identity & Access Management practices, systems and controls.
- Project management experience highly desired.
- Experience with security tools including but not limited to IDS/IPS, data analytics software, SIEM solutions (QRadar preferred), WAF, malware analysis, knowledge base platforms, and live response/forensics tools highly desired
- Security Certifications (i.e. ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, etc.)
- Technical certifications highly desired (examples: CISCO Certifications, Microsoft Certifications)
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate decisions with a customer viewpoint in mind