Location: Cincinnati, OH
The Security Architect develops system concepts and works on the capabilities phases of the systems development lifecycle; translates technology and environmental conditions (e.g., law and regulation) into system and security designs and processes. assists in the creation of security policies and standards, researches new security technologies and their application to the corporate environment, and ensures that all acquired or developed systems and architectures are consistent with the corporate security architecture guidelines.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Analyze user needs and requirements to plan system architecture
- Collaborate with system developers and users to select appropriate design solutions or ensure the compatibility of system components
- Define and document how the implementation of a new system or new interfaces between systems impacts the security posture of the current environment
- Identify and prioritize critical business functions in collaboration with organizational stakeholders
- Identify the protection needs (i.e., security controls) for the information system(s) and network(s) and document appropriately
- Design system architecture or system components required to meet user needs
- Document design specifications, installation instructions, and other system-related information
- Specify power supply and heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) requirements and configuration based on system performance expectations and design specifications
- Translate proposed technical solutions into technical specifications
- Ensure all definition and architecture activities (system lifecycle support plans, concept of operations, operational procedures, and maintenance training materials, etc.) are properly documented and updated as necessary
- Evaluate interface between hardware, software, and operational and performance requirements of overall system
- Plan system implementation to ensure that all systems components can be integrated and aligned (e.g., procedures, databases, policies, software, and hardware)
- Provide advice on project costs, design concepts, or design changes
- Employ secure configuration management processes
- BA or BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Networking, or related field required; Masters preferred
- Linux, Windows, Z/OS or Hybrid Experience
- Must have information security related certification such as CISSP, CISA, or GIAC.
- 10+ years of experience in IT with 5+ years of experience in the Information Security area
- Experience evaluating, designing, and implementing security solutions
- Experience with multiple of the following: firewalls, intrusion prevention & detection, network segmentation, authentication, enterprise portals, virus and spam filtering, database encryption, Active Directory, data encryption, host intrusion prevention, data loss prevention technologies, security hardening techniques.