Regulatory and compliance specialist
Location: Blue Ash, OH
The Regulatory & Compliance Specialist is responsible for investigating activity identified as unusual or suspicious, identifying reportable transactions, and filing reports as necessary. This position requires working proactively with all areas of the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze suspicious activity referrals from all business lines of company, as well as third parties and law enforcement.
- Conduct suspicious activity investigations using discretion in elevating concerns to appropriate levels of personnel.
- Utilize the data systems to retrieve information and transactional activity.
- Prepare accurate and timely Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) and Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs).
- Complete and maintain case files for all investigated activity.
- Maintain complete confidentiality with all company business.
- Share with and receive information from other institutions according to 314(b) processes.
- Create reports and research trends as needed.
- Build, manage and enhance positive relationships with all business lines within the company.
- Provide outstanding service to internal employees, and external third parties while maintaining confidentiality in accordance with regulations as it pertains to investigation.
- Mentor other investigators and participate in task force initiatives.
- Investigate and respond to consumer complaints that have been escalated to various regulatory agencies.
- Respond to subpoenas received from various law enforcement agencies.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong knowledge of prepaid card products, operations and corresponding investigations preferred. Additional experience in the credit card and/or financial services industry, a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) or Certified Financial Crime Specialist (CFCS) preferred, or the desire to achieve this certification or an equivalent certification, within three years.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Basic understanding of the requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act, including knowledge of Customer Identification Program (CIP) and customer due diligence requirements.
- Ability to work independently and without direction. Take initiative and make decisions. Must be able to prioritize and meet deadlines. Analytical abilities are required to perform investigations.
- Professional demeanor when dealing with internal and external customers is essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondences, and memos. Ability to compose sophisticated responses to regulatory agencies. Ability and willingness to partner with various departments to research and investigate complex consumer complaints. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to handle self in a professional manner under stressful circumstances with the ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.