Location: Cincinnati, OH
The Quality Assurance Analyst’s role is to develop and establish quality assurance standards and
measures for the information technology services within the organization. This individual will also gather
and analyze data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. The QA Analyst will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate IT processes through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of business investments in IT initiatives.
Strategy & Planning
- Work with QA Manager to develop and establish quality assurance measures and testing standards for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycles.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in IT systems and projects across the organization.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Liaise with vendors and suppliers in assessing applications and/or systems under consideration for purchase.
- Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
- Conduct internal audits to measure and assure adherence to established QA standards for software development, application integration, and information system performance, and corresponding documentation.
- Create and execute test plans and scripts that will determine optimal application performance according to specifications.
- Verify and revise quality assurance standards as needed.
- Ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues.
- Collaborate with software/systems personnel in application testing, such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods.
- Make recommendations for improvement of applications to programmers and software developers or engineers.
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to stakeholders and management.
- Test any new software to ensure integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and technical specifications.
- Analyze formal test results in order to discover and report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
- Assist in the development of change control processes, practices, and guidelines for new and existing technologies.
- Participate in developing, distributing, and coordinating in-depth end-user reviews for modified and new systems or applications.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of quality assurance best practices.
Desired Skills and Experience
- College diploma or university degree in software engineering, computer science, or business administration or equivalent work experience.
- 3-6 years direct experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of quality assurance standards for software testing.
- 3-6 years direct experience as a lead tester for major application integration and/or major application product release.
- Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies.
- Extensive experience with core software applications, including Microsoft web and client/server applications.
- Direct hands-on experience with ad hoc query programs (Microsoft SQL Server required, DB2 a plus), automated testing tools, and reporting software.
- Extensive practical knowledge in importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flow charts.
- Proven data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience with statistical reporting and analysis.
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience with HP/Mercury Testing suite a strong plus (Quality Center, QTP, WinRunner, etc.)