Location: Cincinnati, OH
Are you looking to to become a valued asset to a well-established (1920) company here in the Cincinnati area? Our client is looking for a direct hire Procurement Manager that has experience in the chemical industry! Apply now!
What you will be doing:
- The Procurement Manager is a key member of the Operations team and Supply Chain commitment for continuous improvement and is responsible for current and long-term effectiveness for the Division Procurement/Purchasing functions.
- Ensures uninterrupted, cost effective supply of quality raw materials necessary for production, contract manufacturing and resale, as well as capital and corporate expenditures.
- Leads and directs the work of procurement staff.
- Utilizes expert knowledge in the creation and management of leveraged agreements, management of key supplier and customer relationships, and effective execution of commodity planning and management processes in the successful implementation, execution, and compliance to global procurement and commodity/spend category strategies, contracts, processes and policies.
- Defines productivity and profit improvement plans for the procurement / purchasing group that generate cost reductions/savings which contribute to corporate objectives.
- Displays excellent managerial and HR management skills, as well as in-depth knowledge of the chemicals industry, especially of raw materials procurement/purchasing and manufacturing issues including: vendor relationships, raw material agreements, contractor service agreements, and cost reduction strategies.
What you need:
BS degree in Business, Economics, Supply Chain Management, Math, Chemistry or related field; Master’s Degree preferred
10+ years relevant work experience
Raw materials sourcing in a manufacturing environment, chemical industry and batch processing background
Manufacturing work setting; chemical industry preferred
7+ years Purchasing experience with 5 years’ experience in management role