Location: Cincinnati, OH
The Project Management Office (PMO) is responsible for developing and applying a coordinated execution capability for all initiatives that have been prioritized by executive leadership. While the role of a PMO at various organizations may differ, among the objectives of an effective PMO will include project insight, coordination, definition, transparency, and excellence in all aspects of execution. In addition, the PMO organization must provide assistance to senior leadership in understanding resource needs and driving accountability across the organization.
The PMO will be responsible for defining the overall execution approach that will include planning and detailed management of projects for a wide variety of business and technology programs. She/he will work with business owners and managers to develop appropriate project documentation and project plans. Members of the PMO will be responsible for using their management skills to define and manage project roles, identify resource requirements, define project deliverables, and deliver project reporting to ensure quality of execution. The leader of the PMO is a critical role and must have deep experience in managing high impact individuals and teams in project settings. Cross-functional leadership and the ability to manage by influence will be key skills held by the leader of this function.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for Project Management Office Manager:
- Establishing a consistent but flexible framework for defining project structure and accountabilities
- Strong written and verbal communication for all organizational levels
- Resource management and quality control within the PMO team and across project teams
- Delivering project management disciplines in an approachable / “teaching" tone and manor
- Administering and facilitating the company’s prioritization “PRIO" process
- Responsible for managing operational, software development and conversion projects
- Responsible for full life-cycle management of projects using Agile and Waterfall project management and SDLC frameworks from initiation to closure
- Responsible for all areas of projects including Communication, Risk and Issue, Schedule, and Cost Management
- Responsible for driving an effective communication and documentation process at all times
- Responsible for ensuring that all requirements and specification documentation is being completed and organized in a way that is usable by the organization
- Responsible for maintaining a PMO staff and team of project managers and business analysts that maintain a positive and constructive outlook at all times
- Occasional travel will be required in this role
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university with a minimum of 10 years of Project Management experience.
- PMP and/or PMI-ACP certification is required
- Must demonstrate a strong history of building and managing PM teams, and success with large scale, strategic projects
- Experience in financial services is preferred