Location: Cincinnati, OH
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the design, installation, maintenance, and support of company network infrastructure. Works with minimal supervision and is responsible to make an established range of decisions, escalates to manager when necessary and updates manager on a regular basis.
- Position Responsibilities:
- Designs, installs, maintains, and supports a large enterprise network infrastructure.
- Architects and engineers next generation networking solutions.
- Analyzes network performance data and statistics, prepares reports and recommends changes and improvements to ensure performance and availability objectives.
- Stays current with network trends to support new applications, incorporating industry standards and best practices.
- Interfaces with vendor support service groups for contract renewals and to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Participates in the implementation of disaster recovery solutions and the execution of periodic disaster recovery tests.
- Provides training and mentoring to other staff on technical topics and network design.
- Performs Tier 3 support for the network infrastructure when problems or issues cannot be resolved by Help Desk or Tier 2 support staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to grasp new concepts and apply them.
- Ability to work under multiple deadlines and minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and analyze customer requirements and provide appropriate solutions.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Demonstrated calm and professional demeanor when handling demanding situations.
- Proven experience in completing assigned tasks accurately and on a timely basis. Cite examples of project management experience in planning, executing and maintaining a project from start to finish.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or commensurate selection criteria experience.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience supporting a large enterprise network infrastructure that includes Cisco Catalyst and Nexus platforms.
- Proven experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting VPN connections. Juniper/Pulse Secure SSL VPN experience is a plus.
- Proven experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting firewalls. CheckPoint or Cisco ASA experience is a plus.
- Proven experience with Cisco video conferencing is a plus.
- Proven experience with Cisco security products such as Identity Services Engine (ISE) and Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) is a plus.
- Proven experience with Cisco/Aruba wireless technologies is a plus.
- Strong understanding of network flow analysis tools.
- Strong understanding of routing protocols: EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, and/or MPLS.
- Strong understanding of voice communications technology, including Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE), and VoIP protocols including TDM, SIP/H.323, RTP, SCCP, etc… is a plus
- Strong understanding of VMware vCenter, ESXi 5.x, and Cisco Unified Computing Systems (UCS) is a plus.
- Strong understanding of Software Defined Networking
- CCNA or CCNP certification desirable.
- Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects and off-hour support.
- Handle problems, installations, calls, etc., off-hours as required either remotely or by returning to work.