Location: Cincinnati, OH
The mechanical drafts person will maintain organization of engineering CAD data and engineering documentation so that engineering data can is maximally useful to the engineering group, purchasing group, and ultimately manufacturers.
- Ensure that Solidworks 3D CAD data is well organized and reflects current production processes and engineering driven changes working within the SolidWorks EPDM environment.
- Produce 2d drawings from that facilitate the manufacture of engineered components and subsystems
- Continuously improves SolidWorks as an engineering tool.
- Continuously improve work flow from engineered designs to manufactured parts.
- Works with engineering group on engineering design work.
- Produces accurate and complete 3d Cad models and assemblies of automotive components, sub-assemblies, and vehicles.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Preferred minimum associates degree in CAD modeling and or drafting
- Proficient in Solidworks 3d CAD environment and 2D drawings environment
- Good communication skills and team oriented attitude
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Familiarity with Solidworks EPDM
- Has experience supporting continuous product improvement of an engineering product in currently in production
- Experience or keen interest in automotive engineering
- Comfortable working with a fast paced innovative engineering company