Marketing Business Development Specialist
Location: Dayton, OH
The Marketing & Business Development Specialist is a key member of a team of professionals working together to achieve company's primary goal of providing our customers with legendary service.
The Marketing & Business Development Specialist is responsible for collaborating with the sales and marketing team to produce winning RFPs, proposals and new business presentations as well as support the department with direct marketing activities such as execution of campaigns and events / trade shows that lead to increased sales opportunities.
Exhibits and encourages the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, commitment, accountability, initiative, and ownership.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Duties Include the following: Other duties may be assigned as required to meet the corporation goals.
- Conduct research for new business development targets; summarize findings, prepare reports and fact sheets
- Monitor systems for Request for Proposal (RFP) notifications; distribute to appropriate internal audiences
- Project manage RFP process from start to finish
- Craft succinct yet persuasive responses that address proposal requirements
- Critically edit and proof content including content prepared by other professionals
- Translate technical information as required into graphical representations (e.g., flow charts, diagrams) for use in proposals and presentations
- Develop or edit content for business development efforts – presentations, whitepapers, etc
- Write and/or edit copy for sales collateral, direct marketing campaigns, and digital media
- Maintain lead and customer lists to be used for marketing campaigns and sales communications
- Implement marketing campaigns; monitor and report results
- Coordinate trade shows and events
- Track the status of leads and business opportunities; create sales pipeline and related reports
- Other duties as assigned
Experience, Skills, Education and Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field (preferred)
- Excellent written communication skills
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Experienced preparing and responding to RFPs (preferred)
- Experienced in digital marketing strategies including SEO and social media (preferred)
- Proven ability to conduct online research
- Strong facilitation, organizational and project management skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, sometimes meeting multiple simultaneous deadlines
- Available to work the hours needed to meet non-negotiable deadlines