Are you looking to to become a valued asset to a well-established (1920) company here in the Cincinnati area? Our client is looking for a direct hire Logistics Manager that has experience in transportation/freight and materials management, along with supply chain operations! Apply now!
What you will be doing:
- Develops and executes freight and delivery strategies across all channels of organization, focusing on mode and route optimization.
- Ensures the execution of those strategies through guidance, supervision and control of the logistics reporting structure, in compliance with budget guidelines.
- Owns all aspects of carrier management including RFQ, RFP, negotiation and selection, contract management and supplier relationship management.
- Tracks carrier performance to contact terms and agreements and takes appropriate action where necessary
- Manages the contracts / coordination / movement of all product moving via outbound small package carriers
- Manages carrier selection rules, contract negotiations and conducts routine analysis of companies' parcel logistics spend
- Directs all inbound and outbound logistics operations to include transportation and warehouse activities
- Establishes policies and procedures to optimize utilization of internal fleet and maximize leverage of carrier spend by effectively managing load distribution and conducts routing analysis of fleet utilization to include trailers on a regular basis
- Optimizes and coordinates inbound, inter-plant, and outbound shipments for maximum efficiency and cost control and maintains lowest possible cost
- Develops least cost logistics tactics for newly acquired company integration to include recommendations on private fleet routing and utilization of assets, as well as warehouse consolidation recommendations
- Directs the coordination and movement of international inbound and all drayage moves from port of entry
- Directs coordination of all domestic product, both inbound and outbound, as well as contracted facilities for less than truckload carriers
- Develop schedules and routings for all private fleet assets and drivers and make recommendations for load consolidations or other improvements
What you need:
- BS degree in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or related field; Master’s Degree preferred
- 10+ years relevant work experience
- 7+ years Logistics and Transportation experience with 5 years’ experience in management role
- Manufacturing work setting; chemical industry preferred
- Raw materials sourcing in a manufacturing environment, chemical industry and batch processing background