Location: San Jose, CA
Searching for the Next GREAT Location / Transportation Manager!
The Transportation Manager position is a direct hire role.
Transportation Manager Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage the transportation operations
- Direct daily supervision all Route Drivers including but not limited to: Scheduling routes, training, performance management, administering disciplinary action
- Selects, trains and mentors operations manager and supervisors.
- Ensures all personnel have been trained and retrained according to standard operational procedures.
- Ensures highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Resolves escalated customer complaints.
- Works with staff to ensure good labor relations are maintained. Includes working with Assistant Business Agents and Ship stewards as well as handling 3rd level grievance resolutions.
- Ensures compliance with safety and environmental standards, including appropriate attendance of safety and risk reduction meetings, handling of accident investigations and conducting road/ride checks.
- Ensures sound cash control and maintains GLI field accounting standards.
- Develops initiatives to increase sales.
- Performs analysis and makes recommendations to ensure competitive advantage from a marketing, customer service and human resources perspective.
- Develops budget and manages operating expenses within the budget.
Transportation Manager Qualifications:
- 3 – 5 years of Transportation Operational Management experience.
- 1 – 3 years of financial analysis, customer service, marketing / merchandising and human resources experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in General Business /Transportation/ logistics / material management
- Ability to exercise considerable diplomacy, judgment, and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships with Company and other governing agencies.
- Safety and WC experience a must.
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation regulations
- Training experience required
- Basic Computer Skills
** CALL AQUARIUS TODAY AND WE WOULD LOVE TO DISCUSS THE DETAILS- 513-247-0750**