Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Contract to Hire (90 day)
- Assist attorneys in managing assigned case files and delivering litigation-related legal services from case inception through final judgment.
- Monitor ongoing cases and escalate issues that require attorney involvement.
- Analyze and proofread reports, pleadings, discovery, briefing, budgets, and other litigation-related documents; prepare summaries and compendia of same; and draft correspondence and reports.
- Assist in discovery and preparation for mediation as requested.
- Manage process for responding to subpoenas, including tracking and disposition of subpoenas or other requests for information. Work with attorneys to provide objections and responses to same.
- Effectively collaborate with attorneys (internal and external) and business clients.
- Support other members of Property & Casualty Legal team (serving as back up or handling overflow as needed).
- Handle other projects as assigned.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- At least 5 years of litigation paralegal experience is required or equivalent experience handling insurance claims.
- Paralegal certificate or a Bachelor Degree is required.
- Demonstrates knowledge of business systems and legal processes.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to navigate and use a document management system.