Location: Cincinnati, OH
Are you a Legal Secretary looking to join a reputable law firm in the downtown Cincinnati area? This is an excellent opportunity, with an even better company! Don't miss out and apply now!
What you will be doing:
- Enhances attorney effectiveness by providing information-management support; representing the attorney to clients and others.
- Welcomes guests and clients by greeting them in person or on the telephone;answering or directing inquiries.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics;coordinating case preparation.
- Conserves attorneys time by reading, researching, reviewing, verifying, and routing correspondence, reports and legal documents; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications; organizing client conferences, and attorney meetings; scheduling couriers, court reporters, expert witnesses, and other special functions; coordinating preparation of charts, graphs, and other courtroom visuals; preparing expense reports.
- Maintains attorney calendar by planning and scheduling conferences, teleconferences, dispositions, and travel; recording and monitoring court appearance dates, pleadings, and filing requirements; monitoring evidence-gathering; anticipating changes in litigation or transaction preparation requirements.
- Represents attorney by communicating and obtaining information; following-up on delegated assignments; knowing when to act and when to refer matters to attorney.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions; maintaining transcripts; documenting and maintaining evidence.
What you will need:
- Associate Degree in Legal Studies or related field required
- Minimum 3 years’ litigation experience as a legal secretary
- Familiarity with legal documents and terminology
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Typing speed of at least 60 wpm with a high rate of accuracy
- Able to effectively prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Courteous and professional demeanor
- Able to work as a team with attorneys
- Solid organizational skills
- Strong sense of discretion
- Able to transcribe digital dictation