Location: Cincinnati, OH
An immediate opening for experienced Software developers supporting the Enterprise Transformation Program. In this role, they will have the opportunity to learn the IBM Enterprise Content Management platform while participating in a once in a career opportunity to fundamentally change a Fortune 500 Company’s critical business processes. We are seeking developers with 3 or more years of specific experience in the following technical areas: Java Enterprise Edition (J2EE), JSPs, Advanced Java, Hibernate, HTML, XML, DHTML, web services (REST, SOAP), WebSphere and Eclipse. Candidates with IBM FileNet/P8 experience will be given first consideration.
Candidates for this role must have demonstrated experience working in matrixed project teams employing software engineering principles such as design patterns, versioning software, continuous integration, automated deployments and automated test tools.
They should also be familiar with database design fundamentals and have a working knowledge of a relational DBMS preferably Oracle or MS SQL Server and be proficient in SQL.
Summary of Responsibilities:
This position will be responsible for designing, producing, modifying and implementing computer programs of all sizes and complexity. This role will program not only Enterprise Content Management solutions, but also the custom coding necessary to integrate the platform into the larger Enterprise ecosystem. As they grow in experience and knowledge they are expected to become trusted advisors to other IT departments and the business units on the capabilities and uses of the Enterprise Content Management platform.
- Researches, designs, defines, develops, tests, documents and implements new computer applications or changes to existing applications following company standards.
- Installs software packages and/or personal computer software.
- Assures that hardware and software operate efficiently.
- Utilizes programming tools effectively to ensure accuracy and enhance productivity.
- Assembles and analyzes data relating to processing problems, soliciting help as needed from IS and business unit associates.
- Consults and/or advises business unit associates by written and/or oral communication on inquiries concerning existing or proposed systems.
- Participates in committee meetings on developmental projects, large-scale improvement projects and internal Information Services’ technical committees.
- Provides training and mentoring to other programming staff, systems managers, business unit management or business unit associates on technical topics or systems definition.
- Handles multiple assignments with multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Proven significant programming experience (e.g., research, design, gathering requirements, working with business units, developing programs, testing, documentation, production support). Cite examples demonstrating this experience.
- Proven experience in advising programming associates on both technical (e.g., writing programs, testing standards) and application (e.g., business knowledge, system definition) facets of the job. Cite examples of advising programming associates.
- Proven strong analytical skills, including demonstrated experience identifying and quantifying problems and providing effective resolutions. Cite examples of good decision-making skills when dealing with multiple alternatives.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively within a team. Provide examples of motivating co-workers in difficult situations.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to convey information to internal and external customers in a clear, focused and concise manner.
- Provide examples of working under multiple deadlines and minimal supervision. Cite examples of successfully organizing and effectively completing projects where given little or no direction.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate selection criteria experience