Internal Audit Manager
Location: Cincinnati, OH
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts audits and/or special reviews of the Company’s controls and procedures over key financial risks (e.g., accounting, financial reporting, Sarbanes Oxley, capital planning and control); operational risks (e.g., store, logistics, credit/collection/customer service, human resources, marketing, merchandising); and legal risks (based on an annual determination of key Company legal concerns).
- Conduct interviews with the process and business owners at all levels and across the enterprise to gather information, ascertain key risks, areas of concerns, and the expected internal control that should be in place. Independently execute predesigned audit tests and assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the business areas processes, policies or controls. Identify gaps/opportunities/key risks and develop corrective actions to address gaps or assess adequacy of solutions offered by business partners.
- Present and confirm audit findings/issues and the related corrective action to various levels of process/business owners.
- Supervise the assigned audit team, providing them with on-the-job training and coaching, effective in writing reports of audit findings, and making recommendations for corrective action.
- Plan for upcoming audits through a contribution of ideas on the methodology and approach for upcoming assignments based on review of prior year’s audit work papers, flowcharts and audit report.
- Perform comprehensive analysis of information elicited through interviews and document review by demonstrating professional skepticism and appropriate follow-up
- Document assessment and test results in compliance with internal audit industry (i.e., Institute of Internal Auditors) and departmental standards. Accurately prepare written audit finding/issue and applying judgment and analysis to recommend the related corrective action.
- Completion of required internal audit department tasks needed to ensure the department’s compliance with professional industry standards (e.g., self-review of audit work, proper close-out of the audit files, adequately responding to supervisor review comments, etc.), as well as planning for the next assignment.
- Travel is approximately 60%.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: A 4-year undergraduate degree in related field of study (e.g., Accounting, Business Administration) is required. CPA or CIA is required. 4-6 years of relevant prior work experience required, related industry or public accounting work experience is preferred.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS: This position requires effective project management. It requires strong analytic and problem-solving ability to review and complete a risk based overview and evaluation of an operation’s control environment. Strong written and verbal/interpersonal communication skills are necessary to negotiate and present audit findings in a clear and professional manner. In addition, it requires the ability to demonstrate excellent judgment and supervisory capability, including providing clear expectations as well as effective direction and training to their team.