help desk specialist
Location: Hebron, KY
Contract to Hire
Help Desk Specialist
Provide information technology services support to end users on a variety of issues. Proactively identify or receive end user impacting technical issues, research root cause and probable solution, resolve the issue or escalate the issue for further research and resolution. The technician will be required to provide proactive communication with the end user throughout the process, including the transition interaction.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Efficiently and accurately respond to service desk tickets received via contact center phone system, service desk system, and emails.
- Effectively communication to technicians, clients and peers utilizing vocal, written, listening and questioning skills.
- Log all tickets into the service desk ticketing system, resolve or escalate all issues in a timely and customer centric fashion. Inclusive of assessing the urgency ticket to determine response priority.
- Document client issues and requests with clarity and precision.
- Determine appropriate resolution or escalate ticket depending on the complexity or specific issue.
- Monitor ticketing system to ensure escalated tickets are closed or escalated in a timely manner.
- Proactively follow-up customer service tickets regarding completion of work and additional needs.
- Collaborate with the IT Service Desk Supervisor, analyze and optimize service desk processes.
- Assess current service desk ticketing processes, establish optimal process models and plan to implement, participate in the implementation and training for new processes.
- Participate in the development and expansion of the IT Service Desk Knowledgebase. Technicians will be assigned knowledgebase categories and will be responsible for ensuring that content is optimized for service desk usage and customer self-service.
- Project related work assigned by the IT Service Desk Supervisor.
- Participate in establishing service desk processes for new systems and technologies which will be supported by the IT Service Desk.
- Daily tasks as assigned by the IT Service Desk Supervisor.