Director of safety
Location: Mason, OH
Are you a Safety and Health professional looking to take your career to the next level with a nationally recognized company? Don't wait and apply today!
What you will be doing:
- Develop an interactive and cooperative relationship with state and federal safety and environmental agencies to assure we maintain outstanding safety recognition in the industry
- Directly manage the workman’s compensation program
- Manage all safety communications and documentation both internal and external
- Perform weekly job site audits to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations; and to minimize potential injuries to all employees on the job site, including subcontractors
- Responsible for managing the safety budget and ensuring all protective equipment needs are met
- Ensure any Associate safety and health training needs are met on an annual basis
- Evaluate workplace hazards with regards to Associate exposures to hazardous chemicals and ensure that any concerns are addressed promptly
What you need:
- 10+ years of safety manager experience in construction industry with progressive increases in responsibility required.
- 30% of the time will be spent in the field
- OSHA 30-Hour Construction Safety Training
- Minimum of 2 years of managing workman’s compensation programs and knowledge of the workman’s compensation system.
- Degree in safety related discipline and BCSP certification preferred.
- CSP designation
- 50% travel expected, will be given a truck, laptop, etc.
- Must be self-directed and do what is necessary to be successful.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be patient and possess excellent listening skills.
- Must be diplomatic and possess strong problem solving skills.
** CALL AQUARIUS TODAY AND WE WOULD LOVE TO DISCUSS THE DETAILS- 513-247-0750**