Location: Cincinnati, OH
Job Purpose: Analyzes the financial status of the organization and work with the Division CFO's to develop and carry out long-term financial goals. Directs preparation of all financial reports, statements, audits, operating budgets and controls.
- Directs company accounting department in preparation of all financial reports.
- Supervises staff focused on delivering results and developing staff.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on corporation's financial performance, measuring actual performance against projections for sales and costs.
- Establishes internal controls and audit procedures to ensure proper financial management.
- Oversees annual internal and external audits.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures supporting internal controls and work processes.
- Ensures that all account and bank reconciliations are prepared in a timely manner.
- Ensures that all financial reports are filed in a timely manner.
- Assist tax department with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Research proper IFRS account and reporting requirements and prepare technical memos supporting company's positions taken.
- Prepare and conduct periodic balance sheet reviews for each division and company.
- Drives continuous improvement in both departmental and cross-functional processes.
- Determines the appropriate technical accounting reflection of a business outcome for company, including documenting in a technical memo and supporting the decision with Internal and External Audit.
- Determine the appropriate accounting process changes needed a field locations and company to support the proper and timely reflection of financial results. Educates all accounting/finance personnel on these changes.
- Draft and advocate financial policy changes with VP and SVP Finance to properly reflect the financial results of company. Educates all accounting/finance personnel on policy changes.
- Determines the appropriate level and type of controls needed across company to ensure the proper reflection of financial results.
- Manages a $5M accounting budget, including personnel, travel, and training decisions.
- Travel up to 10%
- 4 year degree
- MBA preferred
- CPA required
- 10 - 15 years of related experience
- Technical skills including MS Office Products, JD Edwards
- Excellent financial analysis and technical accounting capabilities
- Ability to communicate complex financial issues in simple, understandable terms