command center specialist
Location: Cincinnati, OH
CONTRACT TO HIRE
COMMAND CENTER SPECIALIST
The Command Center Specialist will be a member of the technical staff responsible for all systems and applications monitoring, troubleshooting and maintenance activities required to support large scale, high availability, 24x7 production environments.
- Must possess above average customer service skills.
- Must have excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Thorough knowledge of emergency procedures; ability to manage emergency situations while handling normal control center functions.
- Ability to multi-task multiple job duties while maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to prioritize decisions based upon multiple criteria and identifiable standards of policies and procedures.
- Ability to effectively interact with professional personnel at all levels within the company, outside service providers.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills and the ability to solve problems and de-escalate situations in a non-confrontational manner. These include the ability to read and write the English language and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, maintenance instructions and reports.
- Must have a flexible schedule and reliable transportation.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Systems engineer, System Administrator or Computer Science Degree.
- Linux administration (Memory, disk and CPU evaluation, application restart, log management, shell scripts)
- Windows administration (Memory, disk and CPU evaluation, application restart, log management, batch script)
- SQL Server (job scheduling and execution, log management)
- MYSQL (job scheduling and execution, log management)
- Oracle (job scheduling and execution, log management)
- Knowledge of network and load balancers. Experience in Cisco and F5 is a plus.
- Experience with Solarwinds, Zabbix and Dynatrace monitoring tools
- Knowledge and experience with Java applications, Jboss, Apache, Tomcat, ActiveMQ, Mule, Pentaho, JasperReports is desirable