avp- aCTUARY SPECIAL PROJECTS
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Are you looking to become a valued asset to a well-established, growing insurance company right here in the Cincinnati area? Apply now!
What you will be doing:
- Configures AXIS software to implement financial reporting functions for one or more product lines; product lines include: indexed universal life, fixed indexed annuities, regular universal life, term life, whole life, variable annuities, individual fixed annuities, group annuities and disability income.
- Develops spreadsheets and other tools used to compare output of new AXIS models to existing actuarial model platforms (e.g. Polysystems and MG-ALFA).
- Develops controls for new processes to meet internal and external control and audit standards.
- Guides the AXIS valuation model development and transfer process back to the valuation team, with adequate parallel testing and documentation
- Identifies problems by discovering symptoms; executes solutions to problems by understanding root causes and collaborating with Actuarial Financial Reporting Line Actuaries, Enterprise Risk Management, Actuarial Information Systems and inter-department staff.
What you will need:
- A Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance.
- FSA and MAAA, or career ASA with commensurate experience.
- Ten or more years of experience in an actuarial role, including experience in financial reporting.
- Project management experience with actuarial model development, preferably with AXIS, MG-ALFA or PolySystems.
- Experience with model conversion preferred.
** CALL AQUARIUS TODAY AND WE WOULD LOVE TO DISCUSS THE DETAILS- 513-247-0750**