Location: Oakland, CA
- Performing vehicle maintenance.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling and adjusting vehicle components (engine emission components, Driveline components, electrical/electronic components, brakes/suspension/steering/exhaust, cab/chassis, and hydraulics).
- Transmission repair experience.
- Selecting appropriate course of action.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval when required.
- Performing road calls and emergency services when necessary.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
- Continuous ASE re-certification to remain in job classification is required.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Demonstrated experience monitoring and meeting PM schedules and operations of any automotive, diesel or CNG fleet repair shop equipment
- Minimum 3-4 years’ direct light duty automotive repair experience in a previous job
- Must have an appropriate mechanic’s tool set
- Valid driver’s license
- ASE A5 brakes cert REQUIRED. ASE A7 Heating and A/C cert preferred (but not required)