Location: Milford, OH
As the Assistant Controller, you’ll be taking responsibility for the preparation, analysis and communication of vital financial information and business metrics. As the Assistant Controller you will help support the overall management of the company’s financial activities.
- Prepare company financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Support monthly and quarterly financial-close processes.
- Coordinate the company’s annual external audit.
- Assist in the oversight and calculation of sales commissions.
- Help prepare and disseminate company financial reports to management.
- Investigate and resolve issues to ensure proper accounting treatment.
- Calculate accruals for certain balance sheet accounts.
- Research and document accounting positions taken by the company.
- Act as backup for various members of the Finance and Accounting team.
- Support as needed with tax compliance and researching projects.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Certified as a CPA.
- 8-10 years of professional accounting experience.
- Experience managing a team and adhering to the month-end closing process.
- In-depth understanding and working knowledge of GAAP principles.
- Detailed knowledge of general ledger systems.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and Access.