Application Support Manager
Location: Blue Ash, OH
Pay Based on Experience – Direct Hire or Contract-to-Hire
The Application Support Analyst is responsible for software support activities and small software enhancements in collaboration with the Application Development team and the Networking/Infrastructure team. This position troubleshoots, analyzes and resolves support issues. This position provides Tier I & Tier II level support but leverages other assets in the company to resolve issues, including Tier 3 & Development resources as needed.
- Manage a team of 6 Application Support Analysts
- Manage over 100 internal applications
- Experience in Java - WebSphere, middleware
- Experience in a high growth, fast paced environment – will be implementing multiple applications at a time
- Will spearhead the upgrade and implementation of outdated technologies
- Provide technical application support for internal applications and external web sites.
- Responsible for problem tracking, diagnosis, replication, troubleshooting and resolution of application help desk tickets.
- Design, develop, test and implement web-based and SQL Server solutions to resolve application issues or complete small project requests.
- Work collaboratively with development team and business partners and other vendors in defining, developing and implementing technology solutions to resolve application issues
- Be adaptable and a fast-learner and pick up new skills quickly
- Assume initial ownership for the coordination, investigation and documentation of a system event.
- Utilize multiple incident management tools used to report, resolve, and trend issues.
- Demonstrate understanding of the customer's business needs and apply them to the management of system events & incidents.
- Seek opportunities to improve knowledge, skills, and performance and is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Identify trends in repeat and critical errors, supports in the automation of the routing or fixing of incidents through accurate recording of information and trending of operational peaks and troughs.
- Interpret system errors at a basic level and assess the risk of events and escalate appropriately to protect client services.
- Document the resolutions of re-occurring errors.
- Demonstrated experience supporting production software applications including B2B & B2C websites, back office applications, CRM, Web Services, database, message queues, fax solutions, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with developing or supporting ASP.Net applications.
- 1-3 years’ experience with developing or using SQL Server applications or enhancements.
- 1-3 years’ experience with SQL coding including stored procedures, triggers and query tuning.
- BS, AS or 1-3 years’ experience equivalent.