Location: Chicago, IL
- Prepares basic financial reports under limited supervision. Performs the most complex activities related to the maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger. Develops strategies and implements the long-term goals of our organization.
- Prepares income and balance sheet statements, consolidated statements, and various other accounting statements and reports.
- Analyzes financial reports and records, making recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures.
- Reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
- Analyzes trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses.
- Reports the company’s finances to management, offering suggestions about resource utilization, tax strategies, and assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Prepares journal entries as needed.
- Conducts special studies and develops or recommends accounting methods and procedures.
- Coordinates accounting matters with other departments, locations, and divisions.
- Reconciles assigned accounts and calculates depreciation/amortization expenses.
- Reports actuals and forecasts to UK monthly.
- Prepares and distributes monthly Financial Books.
- Manages projects using defined project management tools and communications vehicles.
- Acts as liaison for internal and external communications with assigned accounts. Provides regular status reports to management.
- May assist with training and mentoring Accountants and Staff Accountants and Sr Staff Accountants.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- 8+ years of related experience.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting practices and procedures.
- Ability to work under very limited supervision with positive results.
- Experience with MS Office products and accounting software preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to perform and manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to manage and organize work assignments, styles, and relationships with several respective managers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting