SERVICE DESK ANALYST
Location: Miami, OH
CONTRACT TO HIRE
SERVICE DESK ANALYST ll
- Provide Tier II support by solving escalated incidents through direct knowledge and through consulting with Subject Matter Experts.
- As needed, assist in provide Tier I support by answering calls coming into the call center and e-mail requests related to their use of supported software and services, retaining ownership until problem is resolved.
- Communicate with the end user to ascertain quality of service and support issues.
- Communicate utilizing varying social medias
- Utilize appropriate Help Desk tools and applications.
- Develop and document resolutions or workarounds for Incidents that lack a documented resolution or workaround in the Known Error Database and submit them for approval and publishing; able to manage the entire life-cycle of an Incident or Outage; work to obtain expertise and SME status in one or more Business Services.
- Assist with and gather information required by root cause analysis techniques.
- Build positive working relationships with other Support Desk and IT staff; develop a working knowledge of the roles other staff play and share information openly about own role; work collaboratively.
- Write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; get messages across that instigate appropriate actions.
- Identify symptoms and break problems into distinct and manageable parts; analyze and interpret root causes associated with a given problem; look at problems from other perspectives; seek other resources/expertise to define solutions; assist in solving intra-team problems.
- Support end users in Release transition; identify and correct weaknesses within Release documentation; encourage and coach others to prepare for Release.
- Participate in cross-functional projects; participate in diverse teams and work, recognizing the value of a variety of talents and knowledge.
- Recognize and escalate situations.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- ntermediate knowledge (2+ years) of desktop operating system support
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Basic knowledge (1+ years) of networking and databases
- Basic knowledge (1+ years) of application software