Location: Washington, DC
Diesel Engine Technician
This position requires the level of knowledge and skills necessary to diagnose and repair diesel engines and components. This individual must have the ability to effectively work and communicate with employees and customers. Requirements include daily safety inspections, minimal reworks, and maintaining production standards.
- Perform vehicle preventive maintenance to the company standards
- Diagnose and perform accurately all phases of diesel engine repair
- Remove, clean, repair, reinstall, and adjust vehicle components
- Diesel Engine Technology
- Engine Emission Components (2010 Emission Standards)
- Driveline Components
- Electrical / Electronic
- Intake / Exhaust
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately
- Select appropriate course of action for repairs
- Evaluate completed work prior to release – seek supervisor approval where required
- Ensure safe use of power and hand-held tools
- Perform road calls and emergency services as necessary
- Move vehicles safely between job and work area
- Communicate professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors
- Actively participate in safety or educational training as required
- Continuous ASE re-certification is required to remain in job classification
- The above duties are not meant to restrict initiative, but rather to define minimum activities. These duties may be altered to suit the needs of the company as needed.
- Candidates must have a high school diploma, or equivalent, with a minimum of three (3) years direct automotive repair experience. (Transit or Heavy Duty Fleet preferred).
- Must have demonstrated experience monitoring and meeting PM schedules and operating any of automotive, diesel, or CNG fleet repair shop equipment.
- Must have achieved ASE Certification within at least one of the following groups: Diesel Engines – T2 or H2, preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license. A CDL is strongly preferred. However, some facilities may require a CDL.
- Must have an appropriate mechanic’s tool set.
- Must have excellent communication skills. Bringing demonstrated abilities of building solid relationships with superiors, peers, and subordinates.
- 35ft ElDerado buses, E450 Cut-a-ways, Chevy 4500 cut-a-ways